Providing detailed geotechnical and hydrogeological investigation, design and advice to support the design and construction of the Metro Tunnel project’s tunnels and stations
The Metro Tunnel project is the largest public transport infrastructure project undertaken in Victoria. It has required detailed investigations, design and the construction of large station excavations in busy central Melbourne.
Tetra Tech Coffey were engaged to provide specialist geotechnical and hydrogeological consultancy services for the design and construction phases of the project. This includes additional geotechnical investigations and testing to produce final geotechnical interpretive reports to inform the detailed station and tunnel design and assist in the selection of the tunnel boring machines and construction of the stations under Swanston Street, in Melbourne’s CBD.
Working directly with our client, Cross Yarra Partnership our team continue to provide specialist geotechnical and hydrogeological consultancy services including:
- Review of existing factual and interpretive reports and geological/ geotechnical/ hydrogeological models
- Geotechnical and hydrogeological field investigations
- Design and implementation of groundwater mitigation measures to control construction dewatering impacts
- Assessment and interpretation of geotechnical and hydrogeological design parameters
- Detailed regional and localised groundwater 3D numerical, 2D sectional and analytical modelling
- Construction support including face mapping of shaft excavations and subgrade condition assessments.
Client name: Cross Yarra Partnership
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Services provided: Specialist geotechnical and hydrogeological consultancy service