Tetra Tech Coffey’s geotechnical specialists apply practical groundwater skills to help clients manage risks.
Groundwater is a precious resource and important element of any project.
Our specialist teams have experience in the prediction of groundwater inflow to open cut and underground mines, resolving the interdependence of design elements such as tailings design, the layout of the mine infrastructure, and pit scheduling and operations, as well as assessing the impacts of mine dewatering on groundwater resources, mine geotechnical designs, and the environment.
We use state-of-the-art numerical models and employ analytical methods to provide a sound basis for decision-making and support applications for approvals.
Our services include:
Underground groundwater management
- Predicting rates of groundwater ingress
- Predicting maximum water pressures
- Managing and disposing of groundwater inflows
- Designing dewatering and drainage systems
- Securing regulatory approvals
Mine groundwater management
- Predicting groundwater inflow to open-cut and underground mines
- Resolving the interdependence of design elements such as tailings design, layout of mine infrastructure, and pit scheduling and operations
- Assessing the effects of mine dewatering on groundwater resources, mine geotechnical designs, and the environment
Coal seam gas groundwater management
- Evaluating groundwater impacts of proposed developments
- Identifying critical issues